Sunday, August 26, 2018

Ceremonial Matcha Addiction

 Whisking up matcha is my new morning routine. It warms my insides up and it feels relaxing to do this. Make sure to get a chawan because I read on amazon that some of the cheaper ones had paint chipping off. O__O;;;
 I ordered this set from Japan.
Apparently there is many grades of ceremonial matcha and this little chart explains it from quality to sweetness of the different kinds of matcha available. Culinary grade is on the far left and organic matcha (It costs less than 7USD for 100g in Japan... The ones in the US sure sell for a lot lol) is next to it. The higher grade matcha is also "thicker" (濃茶Koicha)  and 70% of the matcha on here are "thinner" (薄茶Usucha). It's a personal preference as well, but I have yet to purchase anything from the "high quality" category. It's supposed to be the most "amai". Some costs about 4200yen (~40usd) for 30g. I didn't think I'd enjoy drinking this type of matcha this type and I love it without any sugar or cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment