Thursday, April 16, 2020

Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World Thoughts

I have seen the posters around Japan before, but didn't think much of it. I got pretty tired of the "being transferred to a new world" genre, so I didn't even think of starting this anime. My makeup artist in Japan spoke highly of it, but I still had no interest until I ran out of things to watch from Crunchyroll. I wasn't particularly impressed after a few episodes, but was surprised by how gruesome this cutesy anime turned out to be. I am talking about limbs being cut off and so forth which really didn't seem to match the art style. I don't want to spoil anything, but the main protagonist was painful to watch at times and this was a part of the story or appeal I suppose. People compared this to Madoka Magica, but I thought Madoka was more mild than this. I had to skip some of the gruesome scenes because I thought it was a bit too much for an anime. It is not as bad as the ANT ARC from Hunter x Hunter, but definitely somewhere in between ANT ARC and Madoka. I am trying my best not to spill spoilers, but definitely be prepared to be surprised by some of the scenes and sometimes slower paced than other episodes. I am not completely wowed by this anime because a lot of things were left unanswered by the end of Season 1 and they had a few episodes that had nothing to do with the main "REZERO" story line. 

Photo taken from GOOGLE

No comments:

Post a Comment