Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Earl Grey Mille Crepe Recipe






Makes 10 layers for me because this is my first time making it and it is not as thin.

Ingredients for crepe batter:

- 1 egg
- 150g of milk (Add sugar and tea leaves to brew, don't overdo it because it might be bitter. After this, wait for it to cool to body temperature)
- 5g of finely chopped earl grey leaves (Ideally use organic)
- 15g of sugar (Add 5g more if you like it sweet)
- 1tablespoon of earl grey (Used to brew the 150g of milk)
- 45g cake flour (Sift)

Basically as long as the milk is at room temperature, you can add them altogether, but half of the cake flour first and mix thoroughly before adding the rest again.

Whipped cream:

- 235ml of heavy cream
- 20g of sugar

I heated this very lightly and added tea leaves to extract some tea flavor, then put it back inside the fridge. I don't know if this is the right method, but make sure the heavy cream is cold and put the bowl into an ice bath when you're ready to whip it. Don't overwhip it! Overwhipped heavy cream looks clumpy and not smooth.

Please add 5 more g of sugar if you're into sweeter things. I am an amateur and this was my first time making this. I enjoyed how light it tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment