Monday, February 13, 2017

Roka Akor San Francisco Review

Wagyu Filet Tartare with Almond Black Truffle Aioli, Truffle Caviar and Quail Egg. It was a little too salty for my taste, but still delicious.

Spot prawn with Uni and Ossetra Caviar
Wagyu beef gunkan with ginger and crispy garlic
Japanese cheesecake with poppy seed ice cream. Yummy.

Chef selection nigiri. 27 bucks for 5 pieces. Not bad...



Interior


With my brother and his girlfriend





We both ordered the Japanese grade A5+ wagyu beef from Miyazaki. 32 per oz. This was probably one of the more expensive steaks I've had. 200 bucks for this for my order. I've had better ones in Michelin restaurants in Ginza. The meat inside could've been a bit more moist, I didn't think it was worth it.

Corn that my brother ordered!
Chocolate cake with almond caramel and ice cream. Yummy.

Food was good, but a bit overpriced for the quality of food and service. The young hostess had a hard time finding me on the reservation and when the older one found it instantly when the she stepped in.  I don't think I'd return, I mean this is SF, there's a lot of competition! I'd like to try Boulevard next.

No comments:

Post a Comment